Cataract surgery is a very safe procedure that involves removing the eyes natural foggy crystalline and replaced with an artificial intraocular lens.
We would like to share some of our personal tips that will help you recover faster and safer.
- Apply the drops as indicated.
- Do not sleep on the operated side.
- Do not bend over..
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Avoid driving for a couple of days.
- Frequent Handwashing.
- Do not rub your eye.
- Avoid petting dogs and cats
- Avoid sudden movements.
- Wash your hair sitting with your head tilted back, avoide direct water contact with the eyes.
- If you go outside, use polarized sunglasses and a cap.
- Attend to your schedule appointments for follow ups.
- Avoid swimming for the time recommended by your surgeon.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol intake during recovery.
Watching Tv is okay and a healthy eating lifestyle always helps.
if something comes up or you have a question, contact your ophthalmologist and clear any doubt.